Experience Alexandria 's beloved Historic District and stay at one of the top Alexandria, VA hotels near King Street , the Holiday Inn Alexandria - Historic District . Our blend of modern amenities and old-fashioned hospitality captures the authentic spirit that makes Old Town Alexandria so unique. Don't miss our Alexandria vacation packages .
Historic Old Town and King Street
History buffs, culture enthusiasts, shoppers - Old Town and King Street have plenty for every traveler:
Brimming with history and alive with personality, Old Town is truly the place to be. Located less than a mile from our King Street lodging, the roads and structures of Old Town date as far back as 1749.
- Gadsby's Tavern - historic 1770 establishment frequented by George Washington, John Adams and James Madison, learn more
- Robert E. Lee Home - see the Civil War general's boyhood home
- Lee-Fendall House - longtime home to the Lee family built in 1785
- Lyceum - visit the Alexandria History Museum at this storied cultural center built in 1839
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum - the nation's oldest pharmacy
- Old Presbyterian Meeting House - founded in 1772, said to have been attended by George Washington
- Torpedo Art Factory - this former torpedo factory on the Potomac is now a one-of-a-kind art gallery and studio, learn more
- Dining & Shopping - King Street and Old Town are lined with excellent restaurants and retail boutiques
Hint : The FREE King Street Trolley runs from the King Street Metrorail to the Potomac with 20 stops along the way. Rest your feet and enjoy a quick tour. Lean more.
Among hotels near King Street in Alexandria, VA , choose the Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel - Historic District for a vacation as historic as this remarkable city.